1) The Sun is over 300,000 times larger than Earth.
2) Astronomers have found a water vapour cloud in space which holds 140 trillion times more water than all the Earth’s oceans combined.
3) The Earth receives more energy from the sun in an hour than we use in an entire year.
4) Current estimates suggest that the universe is at least 46 billion light years across.
5) 10,000 light years away there is a cloud of alcohol 1000 times larger than the diameter of our entire solar system. It would have enough ethyl alcohol to serve 400 septillion drinks!
6) The solar system is approximately 4.6 billion years old.
7) There is an estimated 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe!
8) The closest galaxy to use is the Andromeda galaxy, it can be seen by the naked eye. It is also on a collision course with the Milky Way galaxy and the two are expected to collide in 4 billion years!
9) There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth combined.
10) The core of a star reaches 16 million degrees Celsius? A grain of sand this hot would kill someone from 150 kilometres away!